Teacher References: Genesis 4:5-7; 1 John 3:12; Jude 11
CAIN’S OFFERING REJECTED
Gen 4:5 “But unto Cain and to his offering He (The Lord) had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.”
What Causes our Countenance To Fall?
1) Our attitude toward the Pastor or any member of the Church
2) Rejection of council from the ministry in the Church
3) Having fellowship with Christians, who speak against the Pastor or Church. (Any body that continually speaks against the ministry and the gathering of God’s children are destroyers!)
4) Deceit – never telling the whole truth.
5) When we have sinned and do not repent our countenance falls.
Finally “But if we walk in the LIGHT, as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from ALL sin!” (If we have sin in our lives, our fellowship is broken. Answer: repent)
Our Heavenly Father Reasons with Cain
Gen 4:6 “…Why art thou wroth (angry)?
and why is thy countenance fallen?”
Comment If we would truthfully ask ourselves when our countenance has fallen, WHY, we would judge ourselves and act accordingly. (If Christians would judge themselves instead of their brothers and sisters we would accomplish much more).
Our Heavenly Father Gives the Answer
Gen 4:7 “If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door.”
Comment Again, “But if we walk in the LIGHT, as He is in the Light, we have fellowship one with another and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from ALL sin!”
Summary 1) What causes our countenance to fall?
2) What is our fellowship based upon?