YE ARE MY WITNESSES
North Shore Christian Centre - Home Bible Study notes
Is 6:1-8 Then said I, “Here am I; SEND ME.”
In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.
Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly.
And one cried unto another, and said, HOLY, HOLY, HOLY, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.
And the posts of the door moved at the voice of him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke.
Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.
Then flew one of the seraphims unto me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar:
And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged.
Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, WHOM SHALL I SEND, AND WHO WILL GO FOR US? THEN SAID I, HERE AM I; SEND ME.
We speak much about the calling of God to our lives. This is the scriptural example of every believers calling.
1. The vision of the true God, the Lord in all of His glory. This leads us to the next event.
2. In seeing the purity and righteousness of the Lord we see our own frailty, failing, weakness and deficiency.
3. The mercy of the Lord, salvation from the altar of sacrifice.
4. The spiritual awakening, we hear the cry of the spirit, the calling of the Lord
5. The answer, I am willing, available, SEND ME.
Ps 2:8 "Ask of ME, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession."
Is 53:1-12 "Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of THE LORD revealed? AND WHO SHALL DECLARE HIS GENERATION?"
WE ARE HIS WITNESSES!!!