Teacher References: Genesis 4:8-9; Matthew 23:13-39; Romans 1:17; Romans 3:3; 1 John 3
THE RIGHTEOUS AND UNRIGHTEOUS SEED TODAY
Matt 23:25-36 Read
1) Unrighteous Pharisees (Cain spirit)
2) Righteous - Abel
John Speaks of Cain
1 Jn 3:11-15 Read
1) The true Christian - loves his brother and sister
2) The false Christian - hates (not concerned about) his brother and sister
Where Is Thy Brother?
Gen 4:9 “And the Lord said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? …”
Cain answered, “…I know not:” He lied; he tried to cover his sin with more sin. We cannot hide anything from the Lord.
Comment 1) Every Christian born of God must have this cry in them and be concerned about his
brother! (Fitly joined together each member supplying)
2) In Genesis 3:9, again the cry of God, ADAM WHERE ART THOU?
3) These two cries are in the Book from the beginning to the end!
Rev 3:20 The last cry: “Behold I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me!”
Showing the desire of God to restore fellowship with man as in the beginning.
A TRUE STATEMENT
Our relationship with our brothers and sisters in Christ here on earth is our relationship with Jesus in Heaven, for they are His body the Church, and Jesus dwells in them! If we have no concern for our brother, we have no concern for the Lord.
Summary 1) Discus what we think brotherly love is in God’s eyes. Be specific.
2) Discuss the differences between:
a) Spiritual brothers
b) Natural brothers