Teacher References: Genesis 4:10-25; Psalm 69:22-25; 1 Corinthians 11:25-28; Genesis 37:8-27
Gen “And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground.”
1) Abel’s innocent blood cried unto the Father from the ground, how much more the precious blood of Jesus, God’s only son, cries out. (There is power in the blood)
2) The whole world stands guilty in their sins (all have sinned and come short of the glory of God) as the blood of His Son cries what have you done? (The supreme sacrifice – no other way). Every man will stand before God and give an account for what they have done after they have heard about Jesus.
3) This scripture
is also a picture of the Jewish nation (at
THE JUDGMENT OF CAIN
Gen 4:11-15 Read. The picture of the judgment of the Jewish nation as it is today without their Brother, The Messiah.
1) The Jews scattered throughout the whole world
2) Their land became a desolation (
3) Cut off from the presence of the Lord and all the promises. (In reference to judgment
4) The horrible atrocities in the gas chambers
5) Hatred of all nations
6) The Jews could surely cry out my punishment is greater than I can bear!
Gen And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: (meaning appointed or put) For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew.” (God wanting to have a righteous seed)
Comment 1) As Cain killed Abel the righteous seed, God gave Eve another seed instead of Abel.
2) As the Jews killed the righteous seed (our Lord Jesus), God appointed another seed
to be born again in Him, the Church which is His Body. The shadows found here are rich in reference to our day.
Summary: 1) Every sacrifice other than what God has required, will be rejected, Jesus is the Lamb
2) We know we have passed from death unto life because we love the brethren. He that
loveth not his brother abideth in death. Note: our hope of eternal life is hinged on our relationship to our brethren.
3) Seth - type of resurrection life. From death comes life.