Teacher Reference: READ: 1 Corinthians 15:12-26; Jude 14-16; Mark 8:36-38; Genesis 5:22-28
ENOCH is a perfect example to all Christians, and a challenge to us, regarding the conditions, to have part in the first resurrection! Also, to return to this earth with Jesus, to rule and reign with Him for a thousand years!
Before we begin our study, we should mention:
1) There are two people of the Line of Cain called - ENOCH and LAMECH.
2) There are also two people of Righteous Abel called - ENOCH and LAMECH.
Comment Here we see two people by the same name, but different journeys! We see this in our day with Christians and churches (so called) - the names are right, but the journey is wrong! (There has always been and always will be good and bad, true and false, righteous and unrighteous until the day when all things will be brought to light in the day of the judgment)
DIAGRAM ‑ THE TWO JOURNEYS ‑ JUDE 14 ‑ 16
(1) (2) (3) (4)
ADAM SETH ENOS CAINAN
Gen CAIN MAHALALEEL
(1) Has a son called Enoch Read
(2) Builds a city Mark 8:36‑38 (6)
(3) Names city - Enoch JARED
ENOCH - lives for this life . ENOCH - Gen 5:22‑24
(1) Walked and pleased God
Gen 4:19‑24 LAMECH LAMECH‑Gen 5:28‑29
(1) Takes two wives (Jesus ‑ (1) Has a Son
only one wife - church) (2) Called - Noah
(2) Four children (3) Prophesies, concerning
(3) Laden with sin of Cain Noah's future.
and does nothing about it!
Comment We are at the end of the journey as the spirit by the voice of god leads us to the promised land!!
Summary (1) Discuss the different characteristics between a godly vs. ungodly life.
(2) Note: such different pathways, yet both started from same source.
(Isaiah 28:13 precept upon precept, line upon line, fall backward…)