LET US BEGIN
Comment For continuity of thought, we shall again study the days of Noah verse by verse.
NOAH IS BORN
Gen Lamech begat a son.
Gen "And he called his name, Noah,” (Meaning - rest or comfort) “saying, This same shall comfort us” (A blessing in time of distress) “concerning our work and toil of our hands, because of the ground, the Lord has cursed."
Comment The Lord always has a way prepared for the righteous. Noah was brought into the world for a purpose just like you and I. God has a plan for our lives.
1) This is a prophetic revelation by Lamech, concerning Noah.
2) Noah was to give them hope and comfort concerning the future, as Jesus gave us hope and comfort for the future, by sending another comforter to us ‑ The Holy Ghost.
3) Christ told us that “as it was in the days of Noe so shall it be”. To encourage us that it will come to pass in the last day!
4) Noah was to comfort them, concerning the ground the Lord cursed. I believe the righteous seed were praying for a move of God (one righteous family) in a world of ungodliness.
LET US EXAMINE THE WORD CURSED
Gen Judgement on Adam: "…Cursed is the ground for thy sake."
Gen Noah: “…To comfort us, concerning the ground the Lord has cursed.”
Gen “…and every thing that is in the earth shall die! (In the flood.)
Gen 8:20‑21 (After the flood): "…I will not again curse the ground!"
Comment The soul is still cursed with sin. Jesus became a curse for us, to deliver us from sin. For "…Cursed is anyone that hangeth on a tree." (Galations 3:13) Therefore, we must come to Jesus and be washed in His blood and be freed from sin ‑ The Curse.
Summary 1) Discuss the evidence of the curse in man today.
2) Discuss the evidence of freedom from the curse through Jesus’ blood.
Bonus* Think of other
situations where God was prepared to destroy men, e.g. Ninevah, Children of