NOAH BEGAT THREE SONS
Gen 5:32 Shem - Ham - Japheth
THE EARTH WAS OVERSPREAD BY THEM
Gen 9:19 "…And of them was the whole earth overspread."
SHEM ‑ THE RIGHTEOUS SEED
Gen 11:10-32 These verses show the "Righteous Seed" Shem to Abraham.
THE SIGNS IN THE DAYS OF NOAH
Gen 6:1 "…Men began to multiply on the face of the earth."
Comment There is much concern by our leaders over the "population explosion" today! Hunger - starvation, wickedness and violence are on the increase because the population is increasing! (unrighteous seed) (Matthew 24, 2 Peter 3)
BY CHOICE - THE CHILDREN OF GOD MIX WITH THE WORLD
Gen 6:2 "…And took them wives of all which they chose!" (“...Marrying and giving in marriage.” Mat 24:38) Of Cain's seed, born into sin and without repentance, “…the sons of God saw that they were fair...” Disobedience ‑ “Ye shall not surely die.” (Gen 3:4)
1) Our Heavenly Father hates mixtures.
2) We must not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers (marriage).
(2 Co 6:14-18)
3) The righteous seed must not mix with unrighteous seed.
4) ".. what communion has light with darkness?"
5) "Come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, …and I will receive you!" (The Lord has cleansed us stay out of the mire.)
OUR HEAVENLY FATHER BECOMES ANGRY
Gen 6:3 "My Spirit shall not always strive with man."
Summary In the generations of Noah we see again the effects of sin passed from generation to generation eventually ruling nations. In contrast we see the blessings of the righteous passed from generation to generation eventually bringing forth a Messiah.
Eph 4:24‑32 What do we do that grieves the Holy Spirit?
Bonus What is the longsuffering of God? (1Pet. 3:20, 2Pet. 3:9, 2Pet. 3:15)