NORTH SHORE CHRISTIAN CENTRE
OUR HEAVENLY FATHER LOOKS AT MAN'S STATE
Gen 6:5 "And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually." (Same picture today. There was no good ‑ just evil day after day. God looks on the heart, not on the outward appearance.)
1) God saw that mankind had not chosen to follow Him, but chose the way of Cain and became wicked.
2) And for the imaginations of the heart, many today are trying to serve God and be Christians and build Churches by their imaginations, instead of looking for the pattern that is written in God's Word!
3) I am so pleased that Noah didn't use his imagination to build the Ark or we would not be here today!
4) Moses didn't build the Tabernacle according to his imaginations - for God had said, "…build it according to the pattern showed thee on The Mount".
5) Finally - Man's imaginations today cause him to build a building with his hands and call it a church or house of God, when the True Church or dwelling place of God is a living organism, built and created by the Holy Spirit and given the pattern by His Word!! Yes, we are the Temple, the building and the dwelling place of God!
OUR HEAVENLY FATHER REPENTS WITH A BROKEN HEART
Gen 6:6 "And it repented the Lord that He had made man on the earth, and it grieved Him at His heart." (God hates to see man destroyed in sin like a boy who decides to reject his father's advice. The Lord condescends here to our level of understanding. Like talking to little children.)
1) We can understand by this scripture, that if we have true repentance, we will be grieved and sorry in our hearts.
2) When our Heavenly Father asks us to repent of the wrong we have done, He has already set the example! (Amen)
3) SOME OF HIS EXAMPLES
Gen 6:6 "..The Lord repented that He had made man on the earth."
Lesson 4 - Noah
OUR HEAVENLY FATHER REPENTS WITH A BROKEN HEART cont’d.
(a) Question - Does our Heavenly Father make mistakes? NO!!
(b) Making man in His own image and likeness wasn't a mistake, but when man CHOSE to worship the creation that he could see and not the Creator he couldn't see, man created the mistake, and caused God to repent that He had made man! (Adam sinned not God.)
Rom 1:24‑25 “Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts,…” Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature (creation) more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen (Man is a rebellious creature - Paul talks to the Greeks about their unknown God.)
1 Sam 15:35 (c) "..The Lord repented that He had made Saul king over Israel."
Comment Again, it wasn't a mistake that He had made Saul king, but that Saul chose (an act of will) to disobey Him! (God has no control over our will because he created us with free will.)
Summary: It is not only the deeds of men that grieves the heart of God, but his thoughts and imaginations.
Note that judgement was not only imposed because of sinful acts, but because of man’s wicked thoughts.
Bonus: Read Jonah Chapter 3 and discuss judgement, repentance and obedience.