Ex 32:11‑14 Moses
(true leader) challenges God on His Promises to
GOD REPENTS ‑ AND DOES SOMETHING ABOUT IT
Gen 6:7 "…I will destroy man whom I have created, from the face of the earth;…” “…for it repenteth me that I have made them."
True repentance is followed by action
THE FIRST MENTION OF GRACE
Gen 6:8 "But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord." (Noah was the first person to be called righteous or just in the Bible.)
1) The Picture: Judgement was coming on the human race, as it is today, because of sin and disobedience.
2) Question: Why did Noah find grace in the eyes of the Lord, and not the multitude of people that were to die?
Eph 2:8‑9 3) The Answer : "For by grace are ye saved through faith..."
4) The grace of God is such an important subject, that we could not cover it at this time, but I will say this; The grace of God is only in effect as we obey the word and walk in it! (Faith activates God's grace. Paul: “I am what I am by the grace of God.” - because he was a faithful servant.)
NOAH'S FAITH FOUND HIM GRACE
Gen 6:8‑9 Three Points:
(1) Noah was just - (justified only by faith) - he walked and obeyed.
(2) Noah was perfect (walked in all the Word that he knew).
(3) Noah walked with God (He was continually waiting on the Lord for his directions to walk in, that the Lord might use him to fulfill His purpose! What a fantastic thing to have your name written with the other saints in the faith chapter Heb 11. Could we be found there?)
Summary Faith and Grace are inseparable. “He that cometh to God must believe…”.
Bonus How has Christ brought grace to mankind. “Grace and truth came…”