NORTH SHORE CHRISTIAN CENTRE
THE BLOOD OF THE SACRIFICE LAMB
ONE OF THE PERFECT TYPES OR SHADOWS OF GOD
OFFERING HIS ONLY SON
Gen 22:2-14 1. Take now thine only son Isaac.
2. Whom thou lovest.
3. And offer him upon the altar of sacrifice.
Comment Jesus is God's only son. God's love for His Son was great. But God's love to us is greater ‑ because He so loved us He gave His Son for the SIN of the world that we might live!
4. Jesus was offered on the Cross (Altar).
Think of this account and what it applies to us in the area of:
· Testing of faith, take now thy son and offer him as a burnt offering. Abraham was tested to see whether he would withhold anything from the Lord.
· Worship: In Gen 22:5 Abraham was going to worship the Lord at the altar with the sacrifice of Isaac. True worship requires sacrifice.
· God will provide himself a lamb. The shadow – the Lamb of God.
· Fear of the Lord. What God requests we must give, without question in obedience.
· Jehovah Jireh. God will provide. Both Abraham and Isaac learned that day that trusting in the Lord would bring them confidence and assurance. If we will obey He will provide.
On the cross God the Father made the ultimate sacrifice, He gave His only Son to be your Lamb, to die in your place and for your freedom. Praise the name of Jesus.
To meditate on these untold riches will bring peace and assurance to our hearts.
· Joshua 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.