Teacher Reference: READ Romans 6:23; Psalm 128:2; Ephesians 4:28
Gen -19 THE JUDGMENT FOR DISOBEDIENCE
Comment As in the judgment that is coming we shall be judged according to what we did with Jesus after that we had heard. (This is why we must tell the world about Jesus so that all may have the opportunity to be saved).
Gen Special mention: “And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed;…”
Comment The woman is the Church, and she will have no fellowship with the world, or satan’s dominion, or his children.
Gen “…it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.”
Comment The Church shall bruise satan’s head. Satan shall hinder the walk of the Christians (bruise his heel).
1 Cor For He hath put all things under His feet (till I make thy foes thy footstool)
Gen Eve – because she was the mother of all living.
Comment Eve was the only woman to bring forth the first birth. Mary was the only woman to bring forth Jesus, the second birth that would save the first birth from their sins.
Gen And the Lord God made coats of skins and covered them.
Comment 1) The second shedding of Blood – Eve being taken out of Adam was the first shedding.
2) The covering of skins – as Adam and Eve are a perfect type of the Church or Tabernacle of God, we should mention that the Tabernacle in the Wilderness also was covered in skins (Exodus 26:14).
3) Shows also that only God could make the covering for man – the precious Blood of Jesus Christ!
Gen Lest he put forth his hand and take also of the Tree of Life and eat and live forever.
Comment 1) This would indicate that Adam did not have eternal life when he was created. (In the day thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die).
2) The Tree of Life was there in the garden for him to eat, but he chose to eat of the wrong tree!
3) Also with us today the Tree of Life (Jesus) and the Tree of Evil are in the world and we must make our Choice as Adam had to (Choose ye this day whom you will serve?).
Lesson 7 - Adam
THE JUDGMENT FOR DISOBEDIENCE cont’d.
Summary 1) What is the result of sin?
2) What was God’s covering for sin?
3) When the Lord was giving the curse He also foretold of great victory.
b) Has it been fulfilled?