NORTH SHORE CHRISTIAN CENTRE
BIBLE STUDY NOTES
FAITH IN GOD
V 1 Peter 1:6-9
Note: the words ďif need beĒ are very important. The trial of our faith is subjective, and personal, our Father knows what we have need of.
The above verse should be put together with these verses in Deuteronomy.
V Deuteronomy 8:1-9
These wonderful scriptures show us clearly that serving the Lord is not with lip service or out of personal convenience. The relationship between God and man must be tested.
Think of the parallel with our own personal relationships and the ways they were tested.
Since the testing of our faith is what is needed to prepare us for the Masterís use, and further to prepare us for His return. There is a connection between the trying of our faith and the chastisement of the Lord
V Hebrews 12:5-12
The Word describes the chastening of the Father
- Do not despise it
- Do not faint because of it
- It is a revelation of the Fatherís love
- Endure it
- The difference between true sons and illegitimate sons (bastards)
- All the Fatherís children receive it
- It is for correction
- It is to bring us unto subjection to the will of the Father
- It is for our profit
- It can make us partakers of His holiness
- It is not pleasant while it is taking place
- Afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness
Is there a relationship between the testing of our faith and chastisement?
If so, what is that relationship?